SC CCR&R offers free technical assistance services as an intentional process that uses various strategies over time to improve the quality of a child care program or individual caregiver's practices through visits to the program — in other words, transferring knowledge into practice.
SC CCR&R uses the technical assistance strategy of “Coaching,” which is a relationship-based process led by a “Quality Coach” to build your program’s capacity and, as the overall goal, to build program quality.
On-Site Technical Assistance
The primary goal of on-site technical assistance is to enhance the quality of care children receive. On-site technical assistance provides many valuable opportunities, including:
- Providing an ongoing mechanism for establishing and reviewing professional development goals
- Allowing for one-on-one training and coaching
- Serving as a bridge between group training and actual staff practices
- Providing support and mentoring to reduce staff stress, burnout, and turnover
- Ensuring quality programming and quality care for children
What Teachers Should Know and Be Able To Do
- Promote Child Development and Learning
- Build Family and Community Relationships
- Observe, Document and Assess
- Use Developmentally Effective Approaches
- Use Content Knowledge to Build Meaningful Curriculum
- Become a Professional