Research indicates that the quality of care a child receives is directly related to the education and training of his/her early childhood educator. SC CCR&R provides quality training and education opportunities to early childhood professionals through our professional development services.
Our professional development services provide South Carolina certified training for early childhood educators to meet their yearly required Department of Social Services Child Care Licensing hours on a wide-range of topic areas.
All SC CCR&R professional development trainings meet the Council of Professional Recognition - Child Development Associate training requirements.
* Family Child Care Credential
* Infant & Toddler Credential
* Preschool Credential
Training areas include but are not limited to:
- Health & Safety
- Growth & Development
- Program Administration
- Child Guidance
- Color Me Healthy – ABC Grow Healthy
- Kendra's Law – Family Child Care
- Preventing Child Abuse & Neglect through Provider/Parent Partnership.
- Reducing the Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- South Carolina’s Early Learning Standards
- Child Development Associate Credential
- Emergency Preparedness
- SC Infant & Toddler Standards/Field Guide
For more information on South Carolina's Core Competencies for Early Childhood Teachers/Caregivers and Administrators, click here for a downloadable document.